Mini Industrial Unit
Mini Industrial unit is sanctioned vide GO. (Rt) No. 1437/2022/HEDN dated 29.09.2023 and will be operational by the financial year 2022-23 end. Establishing with a capital expenditure of Rs.1,16,92,000/- MIU will include
1. Electronic Production Unit (EPU)EPU will be a cluster of facilities linking the following institutes
- Government Polytechnic College Perumbavoor – Lead
- Government Polytechnic College Kalamassery – cluster member
- Government Women’s Polytechnic College Kalamassery – cluster member
- Government Polytechnic College Kothamangalam – cluster member
- The in-house design facility available for PAT shall be used for the development of on-demand products.
- Students of cluster institutions shall be trained on pre-production testing, production, and after- sales support.
- While the lead institution coordinates the manufacturing, production and assembly shall be distributed.
- To ensure seamless manufacturing, passed-out students also shall be involved for a limited period or until they are employed.
- Independent Production Unit (IPU) - EPC shall design and manufacture electronic kits, Power supplies, Digital trainer kits, etc for various polytechnic Colleges and shall be sold through competitive bidding. IPU will be in self-sustaining mode.
- Turnkey Manufacturing / MoU with MSME, Entrepreneurs
2. Sheet metal fabrication Unit (SFU)The exclusive Center offer
- Manufacturing cabinetries for electronic products
- Manufacture panel boards as turnkey.
- SMU shall undertake turnkey jobs in electrical panel manufacturing.
- Panels are made of EPUs and turnkey.